Quest

Quest

Monday, November 29, 2010

Dog River Marina (tenth day) - 11/28/10

Another day ... same place. I had planned to do some chores in the holy place today, but after cleaning all the bilge openings, I couldn't change the oil because my spare filters had all gotten wet from the exhaust leak and were full of water and rusty. I went to the local Advance Auto but they did not have all the different size filters I needed so I guess that job will wait until Port St. Joe. Ricki worked on getting pictures ready to print while I had the floor sections out. We returned our rental car to the airport in hopes of getting our repairs done early tomorrow and out of here. The weather reports have indicated it could get snotty later Monday afternoon and all of Tuesday so we need to move or get caught here for several more days. I did chart our course on the Garmin GPS for Orange Beach, AL as an optimistic view of things tomorrow, so here's hoping. I am by nature, not a superstitious person but a little over a week ago we hit some rough water and the hand mirror in the master head fell off the counter and broke. Do you suppose?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carl & Ricki,
    I just looked at the Bay forecast; it's going to be ROUGH thru wednesday. That's how we crossed Mobile Bay. We had strong winds blowing out of the west. We didn't like it! Although it was as a good shakedown run for us.
    So sorry you guys have been stuck in AL. But, always good to know everything is adjusted and running right. And, you got your Christmas shopping done! We aren't superstitious, got married on the 13th! Sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Safe cruising tomorrow!
    Denise & Paul

    ReplyDelete