Quest

Quest

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Carolina Beach, NC - 7/19/11

Road Trip ....

In our loaner vehicle we decided to go out for breakfast then on to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. For whatever reason, I could not get pictures of our outing to load today so all I can do is tell you about the trip.

When we got to Wilmington we took the trolley around town which was basically a tour of old houses. Since Wilmington is one of two deep water ports, it has relied on shipping and rail for most of it's growth over the years. The old Cotton Exchange has been converted into a shopping mall with many stores & restaurants within it. Skip & I elected to wait on the ladies at Paddy's Pub where they joined us later for an appetizer before heading to the beach. At the beach we collected water and sand for Ricki's new crab which she tries to change every day so we need to keep a supply on hand. While in Wilmington I called Adair Graham, a friend that was in basic training with me at Fort Bragg over 45 years ago that I had not seen or talked to since. I had left a message and he returned my call while we were at the beach and actually beat us back to the boat for a reunion. We finished the day off with a dip in the pool and couple loads of laundry in the marina laundry room.

Tomorrow we will return the car to Joey and after a few chores to get ready, move on to Topsail.

No comments:

Post a Comment