Quest

Quest

Monday, April 11, 2011

Dania Beach, FL - 4/10/11 & 4/11/11

I am combining today and tomorrow in this blog since we will be leaving before I get a chance to submit one for tomorrow. I went to Harbour Towne Marina this morning with Skip, Barb and Huen to get a final pump out before they go home. Skip & Barb are flying back to Chicago this week and will also be staying until month end before retuning to Florida. We are leaving Tuesday morning and driving back to West Virginia, a trip of about 1,000 miles. After the pump out and hot dog at the BBQ at Harbour Towne, Skip helped me diagnose the problem of my genset not starting. We found a heat sensor that is attached to the exhaust elbow had failed so I will try to find one tomorrow morning to get it fixed before coming home. I took a neat picture of a chocolate lab on a fishing boat at Harbour Towne but the first mate objected to the scantily clad female that happened to be in the picture so guess it won't get posted. Sure was a pretty dog! Tonight John and Sandra, local boaters, fixed a chili dinner which was very good. John grew up in the south and is a great Cajun cook. Tomorrow I will take Skip to the dry cleaners where they are having their drapes cleaned and then look for the Westerbeke dealer in Ft. Lauderdale for my repair part. We will probably spend the rest of the day getting our stuff together to travel Tuesday. This will be the last post to the blog until we return on 5/1/11.

1 comment: